Our Mission Statement
The South Carolina Peach Council is an association of growers, packers, researchers, allied industry, and produce buyers who seek to protect and advance the production and marketing of peaches in South Carolina.
What We Do
Using a network of valued relationships, the SCPC seeks to educate families across the nation about why South Carolina is "The Tastier Peach State." The Palmetto State's slightly acidic soils, hot days, and humid nights enable our growers to offer consumers peaches ripened by Mother Nature and packed with nutrients and flavor. Through joint collaboration between the SCPC and local retailers, fundraising efforts support research and promotion initiatives for South Carolina peaches.
Research efforts through major southeastern universities keep producers on the cutting edge of production technology to bring consumers the highest quality best tasting peach in the marketplace. Investments in these technologies ensure that consumers will benefit from increased quality and food safety standards.
Promotional efforts invite consumers to taste the difference for themselves and to enjoy our higher quality fruit all summer long. The SCPC realizes consumers have a choice and we thank you for choosing South Carolina peaches.
- To provide the highest quality, sweetest tasting peach in the marketplace.
- To work with produce buyers ensuring consumers have access to South Carolina peaches.
- Work aggressively through promotions and marketing to increase awareness of the South Carolina peach industry.
- To invest in the future of peach cultivation through scientific research.
- To supply the best product, support and information to our retailers and wholesalers.
- Develop effectual relationships with government representatives and organizations.